Conference Day Two - Wednesday 12th September 2018
8:30 am - 9:15 am Registration and Coffee
9:20 am - 9:30 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks and Welcome
9:30 am - 10:10 am Claims Prevention: Harnessing Technology and Data to Stop Bad Stuff from HappeningKenny Leitch - Global Connected Insurance Director RSA
- Connected insurance: How will clever use of data and technology continue to redefine the industry?
- Reducing claims volumes: Leveraging technology to prevent the need for customers to make a claims
Kenny LeitchGlobal Connected Insurance Director
10:10 am - 10:50 am Driving Claims Transformation: Modernisation, Optimisation and InnovationPaul Joesbury - Commercial Operations Director Homeserve
- Understanding the overall business strategy and ensuring organisational stability: Challenges, opportunities and technology trends influencing future capabilities
- Highlighting the importance of leadership, culture, people, process and technology within a transformation project
- Modernisation and optimisation: Analysing existing systems and processes to determine what is required and what should be replaced
- Exploring new and innovative technology and the role it will play in customer centricity, efficiency and competitiveness: How do we anticipate regulation playing a role?
Paul JoesburyCommercial Operations Director
10:50 am - 11:20 am Morning Coffee and Networking Break
11:20 am - 12:00 pm Technology Enabled Transformation: Driving Change in a Digital EraTim Yorke - Transformation Director – CLI AXA
- The importance of agility in today’s environment: As a business, as a department and within claims architecture
- Ensuring that the business strategy is clear and selecting technology that enables the strategy
- Going back to basics and evaluating whether existing processes are correct before applying automation technology
- Future proofing systems: Making sure that new technology has the ability to integrate with current and future systems
Tim YorkeTransformation Director – CLI
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Insure-tech Interactive Discussions:
New for 2018, this series of interactive roundtable discussions will be designed by you, for you. Whilst we appreciate that presentations are a great source of information, we understand the value of discussion based problem solving.
With this in mind, you will select a key topic where you will join your peers and competitors to discuss challenges, develop a strategy and share your feedback with the audience.
You will have one hour in total, with 45 minutes of discussion, followed by a 5 minute presentation from each group.
Roundtable One: Applying Machine Learning Technology to Improve Efficiency and Accuracy of Claims Management
Roundtable Two:Claims Insights and Analytics: Customer Centricity, Innovation and Competitiveness
Roundtable Three:Intelligent Claims Automation: Increasing Speed and Efficiency whilst Driving Down Costs
1:00 pm - 2:40 pm Lunch and Networking Break
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Digital Transformation: Enhancing the Claims Experience through Digital TechnologySimon Powell - Head of Claims TCS Loss Adjusters
- Understanding how digital is creating a shift in what customer’s expect from their claims experience?
- What are the latest and emerging technologies within the claims industry and what are the impacts on customers?
- Leveraging AI, ML and Robotics: What are the common pitfalls associated with these technologies and overcoming people and process challenges
- Using technology to simplify the claims process and achieving speed of settlement to reduce customer frustration
Simon PowellHead of Claims
TCS Loss Adjusters
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Structural Transformation: Reorganisation, Operational Efficiency and ModernisationAndrew Walker - Head of Claims – UK & Southern Europe Berkshire Hathaway
- Identifying the reasons for structural transformation and modernisation: The importance of lowering costs and improving efficiency
- Analysing and assessing organisational and departmental quality, speed and responsiveness
- Setting the plan and objectives for structural transformation: Vision and roadmap
- ROI: Demonstrating how the transformation and change has added value to the department and the business
- Incorporating technology and innovation into the strategic plan
Andrew WalkerHead of Claims – UK & Southern Europe